What, I hear you ask, is the best drink pairing for Mexican food? Surely the categorical answer is beer!
Mexican food is all about comfort, satisfying big flavours, rich melt-in-your-mouth slow cooked meats, spices that blow your skirt up, varieties of textures from crispy tacos to sloppy guacamole and getting messy! Meat juice running down your chin, messy. I wouldn’t fancy a glass of pinot blush with my tacos.
The great thing about beer with food is the variety of flavours, colours, textures and aromas that can complement as well as stand up to seriously flavoursome food. Dark, caramel flavours with spice or meaty dishes. Light, delicate beers to make the food sing and a bubbly texture to cleanse your palate ready for the next bite.
On 15/16/17th September I’m partnering with YaDa Chef for a 3 day residency where we are presenting a delicious 10 course Mexican tapas menu paired with 4 superb beers chosen by myself (naturally). There are only 30 tickets for each night so I really hope you can join us. Tickets £40 (including drinks) here.
Joseph from YaDa chef is offering some amazing discounts such as
- Buy 4 tickets get one completely FREE
- Buy 10 tickets and he will donate 50% of the ticket price to a charity of your choice
Have a look at YaDa Chef online and see some of the super yachts he has worked on, catering for the rich and famous in glamorous locations all over the world! http://www.yadachef.com/
- Cold Avocado Soup (gluten free)
- Fresh Made Mexican Flour Tortilla (slightly thicker than
- store bought)
- Mexican Fish Tacos with Cabbage/Jicama Slaw
- Pork Carnitas with Mole Sauce (gluten free)
- Chicken Mole (gluten free)
- Braised Short Ribs with Posole Pasilla (gluten free)
- Mexican Sliders
- Concha/Mexican Wedding Cakes (a sweet bread sort of thing)
Tickets available here: http://www.edibleexperiences.com/p/164502077/YaDa-Chef